Tuesday, February 18, 2014

My Relationship with Technology

I would like to say that while I do use technology I’m not all that addictive to it… but I might be lying. Well, there is at least the possibility. I mean, I can go stretches without turning on the computer. I leave my phone everywhere I’m not, and I can have quiet moments pass without the need for my iPod. But, when I do plug myself in, it’s a... "moderated" addiction.  I have the habit of watching TV shows and movies that I can’t catch on actual television on my computer. I’m usually playing games on my iPod, or scrolling through Tumblr, my only social media addiction (Facebook has virtually no appeal to me). I also find myself turning more towards technology when I want to write. While I do like the traditional medium of pencil and paper, I find myself jotting down things more in an open word document or the notes app on my iPod. 

In short, I’m addicted to technology, but not in the obsessive way.

No comments:

Post a Comment