Tuesday, February 18, 2014

You are What You Read

If the article by Lena Price, You are what you Read is anything to go by, I’d have to say that that I am a few things. 
First, I’d have to say scholar in training, if that is a thing. But with all the articles and academia read in these four years of college, it is something that has to be acknowledged, even if the readings aren't my first choice.
 Now, stepping away from the educational side of reading, we've stepped into a whole other world. I like to spend my time as a member of the lands of fantasy, reading about all the beings and things that can only exist in the realm of the supernatural. Werewolves, demons and all the like. After all, we already live in reality, why read about it? I am also a romanticist at heart. Give me a good love story, where the love builds on an actual foundation, where the couple fights to keep this love for all the right reasons, despite all the naysayers against them, or were love comes not only from loving someone you’re attracted to, but what you’re willing to do for the people you’re related to. Definitely not some YA version about a relationship that’s borderline abusive (we all know which book I’m talking about). In short, I am a reader with taste for the imaginary and invented, always ready for a good tale to devour.

No comments:

Post a Comment