Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Ye Olde Internet Routine

            In doing this daily create, I realize that I sort of don’t do much (not as much as I used to) when I go on the internet. Back in simpler times, it was always check email, watch a few episodes or entire season(s) of a show, read stories, and write a bit. If someone messaged me on a social media site that I was connected to (most likely Facebook), then I’d go and write them back then sign off if they didn't answer back immediately. It may not seem a lot, but then you actually realize how much time you put into each task. And I put in a lot of time.
            Nowadays it is Tumblr (I realize and acknowledge my addiction... it's okay), email, homework (if there is any, and that usually takes up the most time) TV shows (if I can get off of Tumblr long enough) and… that’s about it. I do write and read from time to time, but not as much as I would like to. I have this constant nagging feeling that I’m wasting time by doing activities that I love instead of doing more constructive things like schoolwork (I can’t seem to hold this ideal when it comes to Tumblr though…). It’s funny, I used to be one of the people that questioned the existence of the website, and now I’m one of the ones that can’t get enough of it. It would definitely be… weird if didn't have it. I might even be more productive… but that thought pales in comparison to all the wonderfully creative artwork (be it visual or literary) and the more interesting theories surrounding the TV shows that I watch. I of course could and would do other things but it would still be… just a bit… sad…
            It’s actually pretty surprising that I didn't put this blog on Tumblr. Wonder if I could change that… 
Sorry Blogger...
Not really though...

No comments:

Post a Comment