Sunday, March 30, 2014

Story Board for Chloe's first trip! (And Commentary)


Okay.
So, I know I was supposed to post this a while back, but things got a little hectic. It's a really simple layout some of the blanks that previously existed filled out with what was on the final project.

So commentary:
I originally had no idea what I wanted to do, but as ideas bounced around in groups, and it seemed like everyone was doing a personal experience, I thought: why not use a personal experience of my own? After I had that pegged, the next question was, which experience?
Then it just hit me: Disney World. And not just any random trip. My cousin's trip. Partly because I had a lot of pictures. Mostly because it got me thinking.

I honestly don't remember any of my first trips to Disney World (I had apparently went often as a kid. One time involved me sitting on a goat? I really couldn't tell you.) But my mother has all these memories of the times we went. And I began to realize with Chloe, I have those memories. I have that little chubby excited face imprinted on my brain as we went throughout the park. I remember her getting a free cookie because the ladies at one of the restaurants found her so adorable. I remember her "conning" me into getting her a baby zero plush doll, which, considering the price, turned into her birthday gift.

And I quite honestly love having that memory, more than trying to remember my own. Being able to experience someone else's first trip to Disney is really heartwarming, and makes you realize why it's considered  to be, the happiest place on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment